Friday, March 4, 2011

The university

Video originally found at Kevin Barrett's blog, Truth Jihad:



I would disagree with the professors about their interpretation of WWII and the so-called Holocaust, but the video above is worth watching.

I received a Bachelor of Arts in International Studies from the University of Nebraska-Omaha, studied abroad on two separate occasions, and took many interesting classes.  I had a blast, to put it mildly.  The ultimate college experience.

But, you know, it's pretty funny looking back at my experience in college.  I loved going to class, interacting with my professors, absorbing as much knowledge as I could from them and the materials we studied.  But the sad truth is that I've learned far more since I graduated about history and how the world really works, and in fact think that a lot of what we learned in college was deliberate propaganda and misinformation.

For instance, we operated under the assumption that the narrative put forth by the government through the 9/11 Commission Report was an accurate, valid portrayal of reality, when nothing could be further from the truth.  Instead of the iconic image of the university being the embodiment of truth, scholarly inquiry, and intellectual honesty, it seems as if the system acts as a gatekeeper, a protector of the criminals who have wreaked havoc on the people's of the world throughout history.  You certainly won't get the whole story in college, which requires individual initiative and intellectual independence. 

2 comments:

  1. I agree...it's ironic that they speak of the holocaust narrative without the critical analysis that they prescribe for 9/11. And they wonder where the academia has failed society?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right!?!?! It's pretty astonishing. I don't know if you can find anyone in academia that is even open to a critical analysis of the Holocaust, and very few dare to touch the truth about 9/11. It's quite cowardly in my opinion, although those that do have a conscious and intellectual integrity often pay the price by losing their livelihood.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Comments are welcome but are not guaranteed to be published. Please refrain from using curse words and other derogatory language. Published comments do not always reflect the views of this blog.